Rosacea is a common but poorly understood disorder of the facial skin that is estimated to affect well over 16 million Americans.
Physiological symptoms of rosacea include:
- Redness or flushing on the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead.
– Small visible blood vessels on the face.
– Bumps or pimples on the face.
– Watery or irritated eyes.
– Change in the size or shape of the nose and/or chin
Because of its red-faced, acne-like effects on personal appearance, rosacea can cause significant psychological, social and occupational problems if left untreated. Fortunately, dermatological intervention can typically control the symptoms of this potentially life-disruptive disorder. Prescription creams and medications can lessen symptoms and improve the appearance of the skin. Office based laser treatments such as V-Beam Perfecta® and Excel V™ can reduce redness and improve the appearance of blood vessels associated with this condition. Multiple treatments are required, which require little or no recovery time.